Find Your District and Check Out How Your Ballot Looks Before Election Day
2023 Stratford Municipal Elections Sample Ballots
The Stratford Crier over a 7 week period, from September 23rd to November 4th, has been highlighting ALL Stratford Candidates running for office.
Each candidate was contacted and asked to submit information for publication based on a questionnaire. Responses to each section ran as a weekly feature leading up to the election. The weekly articles were designed to highlight each candidate’s thoughts on areas of interest and importance to the future of Stratford, including zoning, education, and environment—all issues core to the health of our community.
As a public service the Stratford Crier is posting sample ballots for each of the 10 voting districts. To find your district sample ballot go to:
The Stratford Crier Election Questionnaire that was sent to all candidates running for a municipal office on Tuesday, November 7th follows. To find their responses go to the Government Category and click on Elections.
- Please submit a brief Bio with photo (jpeg)
- Why are you running for office?
- What are your qualifications for this position?
- What is your vision for Stratford’s future? Please be as specific as possible.
- What do you consider to be the most important issue needing to be addressed in Stratford?
- What are your thoughts pertaining to: (your responses will run weekly to these questions)
- What solutions would you contribute to improving our Public Education System?
- Do you see a need for change in our land use and zoning regulations? If so, what do you recommend, and why?
- Town Council has historically been divisive with the republicans and democrats not getting along. What are your thoughts on this, and how would you address it?
- Stratford was recently listed as a distressed community. How do you think we can grow revenues rather than cutting services?
- Large parts of our town are at high risk for flooding. A plan was put forth in 2016 to diminish this risk. How would you address the problem?
- Climate change is seen by many as a significant threat to Stratford. What steps can Stratford make to help mitigate the impact of climate change for our town?
Your vote is fundamental to an all-inclusive democracy—the only thing that can assure a future with the freedoms we hold so dear. Don’t forget to vote on November 7th.