Cover Photo By: Zuza Galczynska
Stratford’s Annual Independence Day Fireworks display will be held Friday, June 30th, at Short Beach. The display will begin at sundown, approximately 9;00 p.m. The rain date will be Wednesday, July 5th. The Stratford Fireworks are sponsored by IBEW Local 488.
Parking will be available at Short Beach Park and will be restricted all day to those with Stratford resident parking stickers only. If you are a Stratford resident and do not have a current Stratford resident parking sticker, there is still time. Please visit https://www.stratfordct.gov/recreation. Overflow parking will be available at the Army Engine/ Avco lot, south of Sniffens Lane.
TRAFFIC FLOW FOR THE FIREWORKS EVENT – PLEASE SEE MAP BELOW
- All traffic exiting the Army Engine/Avco lot: traffic will be directed North on Main
- Vehicles exiting Short Beach will be directed to use both lanes of Dorne to exit the parking lot. NO TRAFFIC WILL GO NORTH onto Stratford Rd/Main St..
- The north or right lane (blue arrow) will be directed to up to Stratford Rd then left onto Stratford Road, then right on to Prospect Dr, then left on Oak Bluff and finally turn right on Lordship Blvd.
- The South or left lane (red arrow) will be directed to turn left on Short Beach Rd. Right on Lighthouse Right on Prospect Dr, left on Stratford Rd. Straight on Lordship Blvd in the EASTBOUND lane of Lordship Blvd.
- Residents will be allowed to enter Lordship until the start of the At the end of the event, Lordship Blvd will be closed to eastbound traffic from Access Rd to Oak Bluff Ave until traffic flow returns to normal.
- Lordship Residents, there may be some delays driving into Lordship after the Fireworks show ends and until traffic exiting Short Beach Park returns to normal. It is strongly advised that Lordship residents and anyone looking to come into Lordship plan accordingly.
- Operation of a Golf Cart shall be permitted between one half hour after sunrise and one half hour prior to Golf Cart parking will not be available at Short Beach on June 30th (July 5th rain date). For more information please visit: https://www.stratfordctpd.com/Docs/GolfCartApplication_fillable.pdf
- Pets are not allowed on Town beaches May through
- Bicycles must be walked through beach