Heart to Heart: A Special Dinner
Honors and Benefits Campers
The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp
Sponsored by Connecticut Burns Care Foundation
Sunday, March 26th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Enjoy Gourmet Food From 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
255 Boston Post Road, Milford
Please join us for a very special Dinner Show celebrating our love for the campers who attend The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp! The show features Dominic Mantuano – “Opera to Broadway and Everything in Between”
$75 per person (includes the concert, buffet, & dessert) and RESERVATIONS ARE LIMITED TO 50 PEOPLE!. For tickets, call the Foundation Office at 203-878-6744
We anticipate this to fill up quickly and recommend that you reserve early!
The Connecticut Burns Care Foundation’s mission is:
- To provide financial aid to existing burn care units;
- To promote the education of public and professional personnel for burn care treatment;
- To promote burn prevention;
- To provide financial aid for research on burn care;
- To carry on any and all other matters as may relate to burn care.
The Connecticut Burns Care Foundation was conceived in 1978 by the visions of Dr. Andrew J. Panettieri, Chief of Surgery at Bridgeport Hospital and Bridgeport Firefighter, Arthur C. Luf. We are honored to carry on the mission and passion of our founders.
C.O.R.E. (Care – Outreach – Resource – Education) for burn survivors, first responders, families and organizations. The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp is a safe, natural outdoor environment for kids ages 8 to 18 from around the world who have survived life-altering burn injuries.
We encourage camaraderie coupled with physical and social activities designed to help campers overcome anxieties, develop and enhance their physical skills, and allow them to move beyond their scarring and burn injuries.
- To build each child’s self-esteem and self-confidence so that they are capable of overcoming their anxieties and are able to adapt to their injuries for reintegration into their family and community life.
- To enrich the lives of child burn survivors by creating a camping experience that is fun, entertaining, empowering, enhancing, energizing, and full of self-discovery.
- To provide child burn survivors with memories that will sustain and inspire them.
The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp became a reality in 1991 after many years and hours of dedication and planning by our late President and Founder, Arthur C. Luf. The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp is the only one of its kind in the Northeast.
All children attend free of charge. All expenses for lodging, meals, arts/crafts, activities and programs are paid for by the Foundation.
Most of these children have never seen a campground or enjoyed an overnight camp-out, let alone the many other camp activities which include campfires, hiking, fishing, archery, boating, and a challenging ropes course.
Active and retired firefighters from Fire Departments along the East Coast, medical personnel trained in treating burns, burn survivors, and caring individuals help round out the team of counselors for the children. All counselors serve on a volunteer basis.
Our campers come from all over with children from throughout New England, New Jersey, New York, Washington D.C., Maryland, Florida, Puerto Rico and from other countries like Russia, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Peru, Croatia, and Vietnam.
We turn no child away.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!