Free College Admission & Financial Aid Workshop
Tuesday, September 19th from 6:15 – 8 p.m
A free educational, college planning and financial aid workshop is offered to parents of high school and middle school students.
Even if your family is not eligible for need-based aid, strategies on how to pay for college on the most efficient basis will be discussed.
The workshop will also cover:
- 529s – the drawbacks you don’t know about and how they can affect the financial aid you receive
- FAFSA – the biggest mistakes parents make when filling out this and other forms, why it’s important, and how to get it right
- SAI (Student Aid Index) – why you need to know this number, how the government calculates it, and how it affects your financial aid
- Financial Aid – how you can get it even if you make a lot of money
- Scholarships -how to avoid scams, and where the most money comes from
- Loans – the good, the bad, and the downright terrible options for loans
- Student Loans – how they’ve changed and why they aren’t enough anymore, plus other options available for college funding
- School Choice – how the right fit can lower your out-of-pocket-costs
- Savings Strategies – how your ways of saving money affect financial aid
- Student Preparation – assessments including the Strong Interest Inventory, guidance through Academic Impact Mentoring (AIM), college search, right-fit schools, and applications
Reservations are required.
To reserve your spot, go to: https://www.freecollegefinancialaidworkshop.com