How To Follow State Laws and Lawmakers
by State Representative Phil Young (D)
120th Connecticut House District
Happy New Year to you and your family! As the year ends, I want to take a moment to reflect on the past year and be thankful for the support of the community near and far. Cheers to another great year, as I wish much happiness, health and wealth to you all.
Once we ring in the New Year, the Connecticut General Assembly will quickly get back into business. The 2023 legislative session is set to begin on Wednesday, January 4th. Every legislative session and committee meeting will be streamed live on CT-N.
In addition to watching session and public hearings, there are numerous ways for you to stay engaged in our state’s democracy. Below are just some of the resources available to you as the 2023 legislative session gets underway:
- Visit the CGA website to view a daily schedule of events, access committee information, find your State Senator or State Representative, and more.
- Read the Bulletin to find out when committees are meeting, how to provide public hearing testimony, and more.
- Register for the CGA’s Bill Tracking system, here, to follow any bill as it moves through the legislative process. You will receive notifications when the bill’s status changes.
- For information on how to testify on a bill that is up for a public hearing, follow this link.
- Access the CGA’s Citizen’s Guide, here, for more on how you can become part of the process
- Are you curious about how your tax dollars are spent? The State Comptroller’s OpenConnecticut web portal allows residents to track state government spending in real time.
Your concerns and opinions are fundamental to the legislative process. Please continue to reach out to me to share your thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Sincerely, Phil Young
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!