State Representative Joe Gresko, (D)
121st Connecticut House District
State Representative Phil Young (D)
120th Connecticut House District
After months of negotiation and hearing input from residents across our state, we are happy to pass along great news. We are poised to vote early next week on a state budget, which provides historic tax relief for parents, retirees, workers, and property owners.
The budget proposal we unveiled today offers Connecticut taxpayers like you and our neighbors $600 million in tax cuts. $600 MILLION!
Our budget plan Cuts Your Taxes by:
• Cutting state income taxes for retirees
• Lowering property taxes on homes and cars
• Extending tax cuts for workers in low-paying jobs (EITC)
• Creating a state tax credit for childcare
• Extending the 25-cent gas tax cut until December
• Establishes state child tax credit worth $250 per child
As we approach a vote on this historic tax relief package, I will update you in the coming days on the spending side of the budget where we make groundbreaking investments in children’s mental health, increase funding in juvenile justice and anti-crime programs, leverage new federal funding for important programs, and invest in childcare, education, and our workforce.
Phil Young and Joe Gresko