Stratford Street Festival
Come One Come All
A Day of Celebrating Everything Stratford
Saturday June 3rd, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Over 8000 people and 180+ vendors from all Connecticut towns have enjoyed this annual town-wide event. Please join us to celebrate the many organizations, programs, and services the Town offers.
The Festival will feature various food trucks, vendor booths, stages, street performers, musicians, rides, games, crafts, artworks, and other fair activities. The Festival will be heavily advertised throughout the state as a major festival.
We especially want to thank our titled sponsor, The Milford Bank, for their financial support and the Town of Stratford departments for providing the many public services that make this event safe, clean, and successful. The Rotary Club of Stratford are Event Organizers.
Stratford’s Main Street Festival Vendor Information
We invite all organizations and vendors (profit & non-profit) to promote the work they do, boost their outreach and funds, and provide a day of fun and pleasure for people of all ages.
The event will always be on the first Saturday in June from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Rain or Shine.
Location: Booths are located on the grass planting strip along Main St, West Broad St., and Stratford Avenue. Because of this, a flat setup surface cannot be guaranteed.
Registration and payments can be made online at www.stratfordmainstreetfestival.com or by mail.
Booth assignments, maps, and parking passes will be emailed by the Thursday before the event.
Checks payable to Stratford Main Street Festival. For more information, visit our website. If you have any questions, please call Stephanie (203) 203 257-4516 or Pat (203) 257-2569
Stratford Main Street Festival www.stratfordmainstreetfestival.com
7365 Main Street, #205, Stratford, CT 06614 firstname.lastname@example.org
Late Fees & Deadline. If any space is available after May 21st, a $50.00 late fee is applied – No exceptions. No applications will be accepted after June 1st.
Set-up time: 7:00 – 9:00 am. Get there early. Main Street will be closed to all vehicles at 9:00 am. Each group is responsible for its own tables, chairs, signage, etc. Vehicle access opens by 5:30 pm.
Parking. Vehicle access opens by 5:30 pm. Limited parking is available for vendors and handicapped permitted vehicles in the front lot of the Baldwin Center. A parking permit must be posted and visible throughout the event.
Electricity: There is an additional charge of $35.00 for those needing electricity. This must be indicated on the application as limited booths with access to electricity. A town owned portable generator provides electricity; therefore, those booths are only available in one section of Main St. (From West Broad St. to the Driveway at Sterling House Community Center)
Food Permit. Vendors selling prepackage edible items (i.e., candy, baked goods, oils, sauces, spices, etc.) must seek approval from the Stratford Health Department. Food vendors are responsible for obtaining a food permit from the Stratford Health Dept. from their website or by calling 203-385-4090. Vendors must reserve a booth in addition to getting a food permit.
A Certificate of Insurance is required. All vendors must have a Certificate of Insurance naming Stratford Rotary Club as a Certificate Holder. Liability must be provided for $1,000,000.00 and must include Products/Completed Operations coverage.
- All organizations and vendors must submit their complete application (fees, Certificate of Insurance) one week before the event. Application fees are non-refundable.
- All booths are 10” x 10”. Any vendor exceeding their allotted space will be asked to leave without a refund. All booths will be on planting strips, i.e., The grassy area between the sidewalk and the street. Trees and street signs will prohibit trailers and vehicles from maneuvering. Tents, tables & chairs are not included. MitchCo Tent & Party Rentals, Stratford (203) 556-9445 does offer these items for rent.
- Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their area at the end of the day. Remember to bring water for cleaning and small waste receptacles inside the tent.
- The committee will assign booth locations. Booth assignments are on a first come – first serve basis. All food vendors must have a valid Health Department License. Contact the Stratford Health Department for information at 203-385-4090 or visit our website for a Temporary Food Permit.
- Only fully grounded, exterior, heavy gauge, three-pronged, UL approved extension cords are acceptable for those needing electricity. No damaged or indoor cords can be used. All connections and cords are inspected by the Fire Department and will not be allowed if they do not pass inspection. Come prepared with up to 100 feet of electrical cord.
- Rubber mats, rug runners, or duct tape must cover all ground wiring for booths.
- No smoking is permitted within the booth. No alcoholic beverages are allowed. No pets allowed. Proper attire (shirts and footwear) is required. No skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, roller skates, or rollerblades. No boom boxes.
- Booth activities must be confined to the perimeter of the booth. Vendors cannot travel up and down the street, passing out materials. Non-vendors engaging in these activities should be reported and will be removed.
There is minimal space for Food Trucks or trailers.
There are also trees and street signs on the planting strips that prohibit trailers and vehicles from maneuvering.
All Food Trucks or trailers must be pre-approved before an application is accepted.
- It is not guaranteed that ice will be available for purchase.
- Booths involved with cooking need to have a fire extinguisher.
- Gas grills are permitted. Grills cannot be under tents or canopies. The Stratford Fire Department will inspect extinguishers and grills on the event day.
- Vendors must provide their own electric generator if needed.
- Any vendor dumping oil or other cooking materials will be reported to the police.
- The location must be restored to a clean state before leaving for the day.
- After registering with the festival, the organization must obtain temporary licenses for food and beverage through the Health Department. Applications can be accepted through the website at https://stratfordct.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1073/record-types/6389
- The Health Department will be on-site that day to do inspections. Therefore, you must have your temporary application visible that day.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!