Make Music Stratford
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Arts Alliance of Stratford
Make Music Stratford is a live, free musical celebration on Wednesday, June 21st that will take place at multiple locations. Sterling House Community Center, The Stratford Library & The Baldwin Center.
Sponsored and organized by Arts Alliance of Stratford they are bringing Make Music Day to the town of Stratford for the fifth consecutive year. Make Music Day, which is free to the public, will run from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on June 21st, the summer solstice.
The Arts Alliance will be presenting (at this date) 7 music performances, 9 music workshops for all ages and 2 food trucks. Come spend the morning and afternoon at the workshops and late afternoon and evening for the music performances.
“We are grateful for our partnership with Sterling House, and support from the Town of Stratford, the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development, Office of the Arts, The Stratford Community Fund, the Stratford Library and the Baldwin Center. Because of these collaborations and the generosity of our performers, we are able to bring this wonderful, free event to Stratford,” said Mark Hannon, President of the Alliance.
Make Music Day is a free celebration of music held around the world on the same day each year, falling on the Summer Solstice. It began in 1982 in France as Fete de la Musique and is now a global event in more than 1,000 cities and 120 countries.
MUSIC PERFORMERS: will run from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. and include:
– Parker’s Tangent
– Shannon McMahon
– Washboard Slim Trio
– Members of the Stratford High School Jazz Band
– Pyramid Shriners Pipes and Drums
– Stratford Sister Cities Chorus
– Coastal Mix Barbershop Chorus
WORKSHOPS: will be from 9am – 5pm
– Basics of Blues Harmonica – 4 p.m.
– Iyaba Ibo Mandingo – 4 p.m.
– uCreate: Make Music with Makey Makey for Teens! – 4 p.m.*
– Make Music Day with DJ Austin Daily – 2 p.m*
– And The Beat Goes On: Max 35 members – 9 a.m*
– Ukulele & Sing Along: Max 40 members – 10 a.m*
– Sit & Dance: Max 50 members – 11 a.m*
– The Boomers: Max 75 members – 1p.m*
– SC Dance & Karaoke Party: Max 75 members – 2:30 p.m*
* PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
For more information about this event, please visit: https://www.makemusicday.org/stratford/
About the Alliance
Arts Alliance of Stratford is a nonprofit organization working to build community and enhance the quality of life in the Stratford region. We collaborate with the public, artists, creatives, and art lovers, offering opportunities to learn, teach, create, network, and enjoy the arts. To learn more about the Alliance and its programming, please visit artsallianceofstratford.org.