What’s crackin’ is the Stratford Library’s Seventeenth Annual Fundraiser
“The 70’s Project” is September 25th at the Oronoque Country Club
The Stratford Library Board of Trustees will present its major fund-raiser for the library on Saturday, September 25th beginning at 6 p.m. The seventeenth annual gala event, entitled “The 70’s Project”, will celebrate popular music of the 1970’s. It will be out of sight!
A major tribute band from New York City channeling classic “Chicago” songs, “The 70’s Project”, will perform with brass and horns to blast out that distinctive 1970’s sound.
Here’s the lowdown:
- “The 70’s Project” is a gala evening of music, dancing, appetizers, dinner, fine beverages and delectable desserts.
- Break out those bellbottoms and tube socks, as patrons are encouraged to wear 70’s attire.
- A silent auction will also be included in the festivities and donations are being accepted.
- This year’s event will be held at the Oronoque Country Club in Stratford and all proceeds will benefit the Library’s collections and programs.
- Honorary Chair of the gala is Mayor Laura Hoydick.
Current major sponsors include the Stratford Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament; Berchem Moses, PC; People’s United Bank; Bridgeport Fittings; Halper Keating Family Foundation; Immacula Cann & Family; Joel F. Pleban, CPA, LLC; Kamco Supply Corporation; Mitchell & Sheahan, PC; The Milford Bank; Ashcroft; Barnum Animal Hospital; Florek & O’Neill; and Hubbell Heaters. Sponsors in various categories are still being sought by the Library.
Tickets for the gala are $80/person and include dinner and entertainment. There are discounts of up to $100 off for a table of 10 people. For further information about donating to the silent auction or ticket reservations for “The 70’s Project”, call the Stratford Library at 203.385.4166 or visit: http://stratfordlibrary.org/gala-2021/