Let’s Make Stratford An Environmental Model
Service Saturdays at Sterling House Community Center
July Service Project: Plastic Free July Challenge!
Join Sterling House for the month of July to reduce our use of single-use plastics! Share your tips and tricks to make reducing easier, products you substituted, and new initiatives you learned. Let’s all get on board town-wide to make a leader in environmental conservation, from Forest to Shore!!!!
Join millions of people reducing their plastic waste. Plastic Free July® is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. Will you be part of Plastic Free July by choosing to refuse single-use plastics? Check out Plastic Free July’s Website for even more resources. https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
Email and send SHCC photos! Email Pam Robertson: email@example.com
Here are some ideas for you to reduce your plastic use this month, and beyond.
GETTING STARTED DIFFICULTY RATING: ☀️
Simple changes you may have already made or can eliminate now:
• Use reusable water bottles instead of plastic water bottles
• Use tote bags instead of single-use plastic grocery bags
• Use reusable mugs instead of to-go coffee cups
• Make your Summer BBQs & Picnics Plastic Free! Use reusable plates, cups, and flatware!
TAKE THE NEXT STEP DIFFICULTY RATING: ☀️☀️
Ready for something more challenging:
• Reusable straws rather than plastic
• Reusable cloth fruit and veggie bags for shopping
• Buy in bulk and store in reusable containers
• Bamboo flatware instead of plastic
ADVANCED IDEAS DIFFICULTY RATING: ☀️☀️☀️
• Use bar soap rather than soft soaps in single-use containers
• Use waxed fabric wrap rather than cling wrap for food storage
• Use pinwheels, pompoms, bubbles instead of disposable party decorations
This is a great teaching moment for families to learn respect, empathy, and compassion for all of those in the community. Multigenerations, families, and friends are welcome to participate!
Please contact Pam Robertson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org