Town Council Regular Meeting February 14th
Decisions Approved at the Stratford Town Council Meeting on February 14th,
- Approved any and all related documents necessary to apply for and obtain funding from the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development, and to implement the program once the award is secured in the name of and on behalf of the Town of Stratford.
- Town of Stratford entered into an agreement with the Connecticut Department of Health in the amount of $273,668.92 for funds to expend on detection, response, surveillance and prevention of COVID-19;
- Entered into an agreement with the Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Change Adaptation (CIRCA) in the amount of $42,008 requiring $0.00 in Town Match.
- Approved additional funding of up to $100,000 towards the purchase of a replacement vehicle TAC 5, the purchase of which replacement vehicle is currently funded by American Rescue Plan Act proceeds for $750,000.
- Award of contract to GZA for the preliminary design of a resiliency berm in a not-to-exceed amount of $127,000.
- The Town entered into an agreement with the Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security for $90,129.37 in federal funding requiring $30,043.13 in Town Matching.
- Award of contract to Weston & Sampson to study and make recommendations for the Tanners Brook widening in the amount of $28,000 plus $5,000 to prepare and submit paperwork for a FEMA grant.
- Payment to Sonitrol Application #9 (final bill) for $68,022.78 for contract work.
- Payment to Red Thread Invoice #854608 (final bill) for $51,026.99 for moving services provided.
Note: The February 14th Town Council Meeting video can be found on Stratford YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwLehDJQ9b4&t=3421s