Photo From Connecticut Post
Stratford is set for the return of its annual “Blues on the Beach” summer music festival, which has become an increasingly popular summer ritual for the coastal town. The event will take place at Short Beach on Saturday, July 22nd, from 12:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m. Blues is part of the Stratford Celebrate Festivals and is run by volunteer Erin McLaughlin. Blues on the Beach is sponsored by Paradise Pizza.
As with last year, Short Beach will close at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, July 21st, the evening before the festival, to accommodate stage set-up for Saturday’s events. The Short Beach Golf Course will be closed the entire day on Saturday, July 22nd. Residents attending “Blues on the Beach” are asked to note the following:
• Only Town Residents will be allowed to park at Short Beach. Stratford resident stickers are required to park at Short Beach.
- Beach access will be closed on Friday, July 21st at 7:00 m., so preparations can be made.
- Parking for the public will begin at 9:30 m.
- Bicycles are allowed but must be walked in the park area per Stratford Police
- Golf Cart parking is allowed in a designated
- No dogs or pets are allowed at the
- Cooking with charcoal is
- A pickup and drop-off area for Ubers and children or family members has been designated at Wayne’sWalk at the intersection of Riverdale Drive and Lighthouse
- Trash from attendees must fit inside of the BigBelly compacting receptacles available on Bagged Garbage should be placed in dumpsters and not be left beside receptacles.
The Stratford Arts Commission is sponsoring a Tent Decorating Competition, and the winner that creatively decorate their tent will receive an early parking pass for Blues on the Beach in 2024.
LINE UP OF PERFORMING BANDS:
12 p.m. Oddfellows
Sketchy at Best
Louis Zayas Encore Band
Jackie Little Pill
SEE MAP BELOW FOR TRAFFIC AND PARKING DETAILS: