https://stratfordcrier.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/amy-shamblen-qdPnQuGeuwU-unsplash-scaled-e1683928263297.jpg 1000 1000 Sarah Chess https://stratfordcrier.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/stratford-crier-logo-1.png Sarah Chess2023-05-12 16:51:202023-05-12 16:51:20Happy Mother’s Day
Happy Mother’s Day
A Crier Salute: Truthiness About Mothers
By Barbara Heimlich
Cover Photo By: Amy Shamblen
Today is a day to salute our Mothers, hopefully showering them with love and gifts, and maybe brunch. Most media will salute Mothers with Hallmark Card expressions. We have compiled a list of famous quotes that reveal traits that make our Mothers the women we love and l admire.
- Ignorance is never bliss for a mom
- “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” —Lisa Alther
- “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.” —Spanish Proverb
- “A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” —Robert Brault
- “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” —Laura Stavoe Harm
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” —The Golden Girls
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” —Erma Bombeck
- “The phrase ’working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” —Chinese Proverb
- “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” —Unknown
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!