Stratford Library Open for Business
By Sheri Szymanski
Director, Stratford Library
While the world paused to get its bearings, the Stratford Library did the same. As we all shift back to our autumn “normal,” we thought it would be helpful to update you all on some of the goings on at the Library that you may (or may not!) already know about, including:
● The entire Library is open for browsing, borrowing!
● Computers for Adults and Teens can be reserved in advance for a one hour time slot. Call: 203 385-4164 for an appointment.
● Express computers are available for printing and quick computing needs, no appointment necessary for a 15 minute session, once a day.
● You will enter the building through the back (parking lot) entrance and will be greeted by a staff member who will screen you prior to entry.
● Masks must be worn by everyone (age 2 and up) while in the library.
● The Library will begin assessing overdue fees on September 28th (no fees will be charged from March 13 through September 26). However, if you still find yourself wary of venturing out, please call 203-385-4160 and we’ll work with you to try to extend loan periods. It may not always be possible, especially if items have holds on them, but we will work with you! All items may be returned 24/7 in the Book Drops located at the front and rear of the Library.
● Items returned to the Stratford Library are quarantined for 3-5 days, so they are not immediately removed from your account (no overdue fees are charged for quarantine days). If you see returned materials still on your account six days after returning them, call 203-385-4160
● Use your Stratford Library card to access free, downloadable books, videos, audiobooks, music and magazines.
● Photocopiers and scanners are available, no appointment necessary.
● The microfilm reader/printer is available by appointment. Call 203-385-4161.
● Our Adult, Teen, & Children’s Departments are working harder than ever to bring you a variety of wonderful virtual programs Grab ‘n’ Go kits. Check out our Events Calendar or sign-up for library eNewsletters for the latest news on our programs & services.
● If you still prefer contact free Take-Out Service, call to make arrangements (Teen 203-385-4167; Adult 203-385-4164).
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!